Should I take a sandwich year in mechanical engineering at 30+?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sketch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Year
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
sketch
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
I have been studying with the Open University towards a BEng and am hoping to transfer to a 'bricks and mortar' university for September following some very god marks - if I continue to do as well as I have been I would hopefully be able to continue on and turn my degree into an MEng. I am studying mechanical engineering.

I'm in my mid 30s and have lots of work experience though I've never had any sort of paid work in engineering. I am well aware that doing a sandwich year can be extremely helpful for getting experience and proving yourself in a real world setting as an engineer, but I'm no spring chicken and it's not like I'm a school leaver who has never had a job at all...

So what should I do? AFAICS you have to decide now when you are applying.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org