Pengwuino said:
I'm actually kinda confused on what the Physics C test is on. I remember Physics B being a bunch of mechanics.
The AP Physics C test is actually two tests. There is a mechanics and a Electricty and magnetism test, you can take one or the other, or both.
I took Physics C, the class, last year in school. Even only focusing on the mechanics side, we were still rushing to get done with all the material by the end of April (test was in early May), forget about E&M. I took both tests, i figured it couldn't hurt, you pay the same price.
The mechanics test was just that, a lot of mechanics problems, pretty much as expected. The E&M test, which I just took for fun basically, was a whole lot of "what is the potential at this point?", and "describe the net force acting on the object if a current is running through a wire...". I can't remember much detail about it, other than all the E&M I learned from Physics I was not enough to cut it.
I know some other people who's AP Physics class covered both sections of the test (1 per semester), who were flying through the material to cover everything. In the end, they took and passed both Physics C tests. So a lot of it depends on the instructor.
Physics B on the other hand covers slightly different subjects. it has mechanics in it of course, but also heat, E&M, waves, and nuclear physics. But it is algebra based where as Physics C is calculus based.
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/physics_c/topics.html?physicsc