1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I take calc 3 and differential equations or EE 254 and EGR 265

1. Jul 15, 2014 #1
    I hope I am putting this in the right thread. It seemed to be the most appropriate one!

So, I have two choices. I can take both MA 227(Calculus III) and MA 252 (differential equations) or take both EGR 254 and EGR 254. Which do you think would be the easiest option? I am an electrical engineering major.

EE 254. Applied Numerical Methods. 3 Hours.

Selected mathematical and computational topics appropriate to the numerical solution of engineering problems.

EGR 265. Math Tools for Engineering Problem Solving. 4 Hours.

Designed to allow engineering majors to utilize the terminology and problem-solving approaches inherent to engineering, while completing their mathematical preparation. This course is equivalent to MA 227 and MA 252.

Thank you for the input!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2014 #2
    In my opinion, you shouldn't go with the "easiest" of the two, but instead take the one that will be the most useful. Therefore, I guess taking EGR 265 and EE 254 would be great, if you're sure that it covers the same subject, but in a more practical way. But if you like some more "theoretical" approach you could try taking Calc III and Differential Equations.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook