Should I take calc 3 and differential equations or EE 254 and EGR 265

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
adaxial
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I hope I am putting this in the right thread. It seemed to be the most appropriate one!

So, I have two choices. I can take both MA 227(Calculus III) and MA 252 (differential equations) or take both EGR 254 and EGR 254. Which do you think would be the easiest option? I am an electrical engineering major.

EE 254. Applied Numerical Methods. 3 Hours.

Selected mathematical and computational topics appropriate to the numerical solution of engineering problems.

EGR 265. Math Tools for Engineering Problem Solving. 4 Hours.

Designed to allow engineering majors to utilize the terminology and problem-solving approaches inherent to engineering, while completing their mathematical preparation. This course is equivalent to MA 227 and MA 252.

Thank you for the input!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
In my opinion, you shouldn't go with the "easiest" of the two, but instead take the one that will be the most useful. Therefore, I guess taking EGR 265 and EE 254 would be great, if you're sure that it covers the same subject, but in a more practical way. But if you like some more "theoretical" approach you could try taking Calc III and Differential Equations.