1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Simple Physics Problem - Acceleration Formula

1. Oct 15, 2009 #1
    1. A cart is rolling down an incline for 6 seconds. If the cart has a begginning speed of 2 meters per second and the incline is 5 meters long, what is the carts acceleration?

2. a= v1 - v2 / t

3. I'm just learning the acceleration formula in my physics class. I left my science book at school, thinking I would not need it because the worksheet we were given looked simple. But teacher threw in this problem and I'm not sure what to do about the incline. I need my final velocity to figure out the problem, but I'm sure what I do with the 5 meter long incline to get the final velocity.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2009 #2
    try to use [tex] x = x_0 + v_0 t + (1/2) a t^2 [/tex]

4. Oct 15, 2009 #3
    I'm not sure what all the variables in that formula are. I just need someone to explain how to get the final velocity.

5. Oct 15, 2009 #4
    x is final position, x_0 is initial position, v_0 is initial velocity, t is time, a = acceleration.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook