Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Simple Year 8 Homework! - Please improve my answer

1. Sep 21, 2010 #1
    I have a Science Test Tomorrow and i need help with these questions. Help will be appreciated.
    1. Peter the postman rides his bike uphill.
    a. Peter is an organism. List the features that make Peter an organism.
    b. When Peter rides his bike up the hill which body systems are working together.
    c. What measurements can be done on Peter and his riding?

The attempt at a solution
    a. Peter can detect changes, change position or place, get rid of wastes, grow, get food, produce young and respire.
    b. skeleton and muscular.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2010 #2

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Your answer for A looks good.

For B, i would say skeletal, muscular, and nervous systems, since without the nervous system the body wouldnt receive the signals it needed to move in the first place.

For C, i would say that you can measure the position and speed of Peter and his bike as he rides. And possibly the amount of Work that peter is doing to ride his bike uphill.

4. Sep 21, 2010 #3
    Thank you for your great answer. This helped me study for my test. I hope i do well. XD

I have decided to stick around in this forum more since it has more smarter and members with higher knowledge in science.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook