Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Simulation: Our Solar System's Hyperbolic Residents

1. Nov 27, 2017 #1

tony873004

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 3, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Dec 3, 2017 #3

tony873004

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks PF_Help_Bot! I feel so much better now.:rolleyes:

Honestly, I didn't expect many replies. I learned a while back that if you want replies, you have to phase it like you're starting a conversation. Perhaps even ask a question. The "Like" option is perfect for threads like this.

I wonder if when 'Oumuamua reaches 121 AU, it will be considered having "left the solar system" like Voyager 1 was. I wonder how Sedna feels about this.

5. Dec 3, 2017 #4

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

Interesting question. I think the common usage is solar system = heliosphere, but this is only what I've adapted so far. I wouldn't even say V'ger has left the system, as long as it hasn't passed the Oort cloud, and this will still take quite some time. Does anybody know why e.g. NH isn't heading for Sedna?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted