Sites/companies used for electric parts

  • Topic: Electronics 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephenk53
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electric parts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Stephenk53
Messages
121
Reaction score
55
Hello, I am building a battery pack to charge my laptop cooling pad and I am looking at batteries for it. I decided on LiPo because it is thin and thus should fit better on the cooling pad. I do not need help with the design since I am planning on using pre-made parts (although if you are curious as to what I was planning on using I will put it below). Anyway that got me thinking when you buy parts for a diy project what sites and companies do you use? I ask because I am naturally very suspicious of anything I buy online even though I have never been scammed before. I do use amazon but I know there are a lot of fake batteries on there so I am very suspicious when I buy on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXK31CZ/?tag=pfamazon01-20
Protection board
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Frys may be a bit sketchy now. I think they have been going through some tough business times. Their stores are not stocked well with many empty shelves. I’ve heard they haven’t been able to pay their suppliers and so the suppliers are withholding inventory.