Sleeping Habits: Daytime Sleep and Nighttime Awake?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Entropy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 5K views
Greg Bernhardt said:
I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death, as Nas puts it.
Illmatic, I can't think of the actual song though, right on Greg!

edit... It ain't hard to tell?

edit2... nope, NY State of mind
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death, as Nas puts it.
"I'll live while I'm alive and sleep when I'm dead." By some rock group. :biggrin:

I was up at 4 AM today, got a nap between 8:30 and 11 AM, and don't see another break for a nap until sometime tomorrow afternoon. :cry: Plus, it's snowing like mad, so I'm scared the roads are going to become too icy to get done everything I need to be doing (I need to drive samples back from the farm every 4 hours...at least the person coming out for the 1 AM and 3 AM samples has 4WD, so I can ask him to bring the samples up to the lab when he's done, but I still need to get there by 5 AM for the next shift!...my sheep aren't cooperating and made me start early...tonight I was supposed to be snuggled in bed early to rest up for the remainder of the week. :cry:).

Uh, yeah, I get a bit cranky when I'm tired. (Zooby's going to tell me I'm humorless. :frown:)
 
School forces me to wake up at 5:30am everyday. Sucks, because I usually don't feel like starting homework until around 7pm everyday, and then end up going to sleep anywhere between 11pm and 1am. This of course changes when tests are coming up, or when it's now (grr). Yesterday was Saturday and I was taking the ACT test, which started at 8 in the morning, so I had to wake up early :(

I don't get enough sleep though. I would love to have school start at 9am and end at 5pm. During the summer however, I tend to go to sleep about an hour later everyday, sleeping 10 hours daily. Except I started limiting myself to going to sleep at around 3 or 4 AM. Who knew that in the middle of the night, the best cspan online streaming stuff is on? Or different talkshows with scientists..!
 
Same with me, school forces me up at 6 AM and I like to go to sleep at around 12 to 2 AM because I like to watch Adult Swim