Software to protect USB flash from viruses

• Thread starter PainterGuy
  • Start date
hello everyone, :smile:

when i use my usb flash drive in some internet cafe or school lab it become infected. especially lab's computers are full of viruses. is there some software which i can have on my flash so that it protects flash from viruses. do you understand what i try to say? i want a software which will be on usb flash and protect it from any virus entering from the computer to the flash? let me know if such software exists please. it will do me much good.:approve:

cheers

Answers and Replies

jhae2.718
Gold Member
If you just want to grab files off of the drive, you can write protect it.

Or, you can try a portable antivirus software, such as the ones found here: http://portableapps.com/apps/security

To protect files, you can encrypt them with TrueCrypt.

I'm assuming you run Windows. If it's not already, you might want to disable AutoRun/AutoPlay to make it harder for malware to launch off of your flash drive in the case it is infected.

Thumbscrew is a freeware application that lets you write protect your USB drive so that virus, Malware, Trojan or any kind of infection from host computer would not be able to write anything on your USB.
USB Write Protector is another free utility that allows you make write protect your USB flash / pen drives just like Thumbscrew mentioned above. This is a very small utility that you can always carry with you in your portable drive.