1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Solar cell educational graphics - review for possible errors

1. Jun 22, 2016 #1
    Hi, Jake here. I've created some graphics about solar cells that covers high level, general info and even delves into some atomic-level subjects. However, I'm no physicist and I'm sure it shows. If any of you could take a quick look at my work and review for errors, that would be awesome. My projects tend to get a lot of traffic online and accuracy is essential!

Here's the project, but please don't share outside of this forum: http://animagraffs.com/preview/solar-cell/

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2016 #2
    This part, for example, is not very good:

"The p-n junction gives electrons current (flow rate and direction) and voltage (flow pressure). It is the key to extracting excited electrons from the cell. The p-n junction is formed by joining two different types of doped silicon together."

To give electrons current is meaningless. It does not have any physical meaning.
    And the p-n junction is not formed by joining separate pieces together. The two types are produced on the same piece of wafer, by various techniques.

4. Jun 23, 2016 #3
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll update the text accordingly! I'd be surprised if that were the only error in my research … does anyone see anything else?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted