Solar power market opportunities from technical point of view

In summary, the conversation was about a person looking for suggestions on how to build a successful sustainable company in the solar industry. They were also seeking advice on how to improve the technology in developing countries. The conversation also mentioned two organizations, the American Solar Energy Society and AWEA, that could potentially be helpful in this endeavor.
Ben_Mandeville
Hi guys,

So, I'm a bit of an entrepreneur working on a social solar (small scale) endeavour in developing countries.

However, I am wanting to build a sustainable company from standing out from the crowd in the solar industry. I'm just wondering if any of you have had experience with solar, or know something of the industry, and could suggest places where the technology could be improved?

Thanks,
Ben

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ben_Mandeville said:
or know something of the industry, and could suggest places where the technology could be improved?
I know it's a multi billion dollar industry and massive amounts of money are being spent on R&D.
Capital cost is probably one area of concern to your application.

i guess you know of these folks ? American Solar Energy Society?

http://www.ases.org/

AWEA is another group interested in renewables.

1. What is solar power and how does it work?

Solar power is a form of renewable energy that is harnessed from the sun's rays. It works by using solar panels to capture the sun's energy and convert it into electricity through a process called the photovoltaic effect.

2. What are the main advantages of using solar power?

There are several advantages to using solar power from a technical standpoint. First, it is a renewable and clean energy source, meaning it does not produce harmful emissions like fossil fuels do. Additionally, solar panels have a long lifespan and require minimal maintenance, making them a cost-effective option in the long run. Solar power is also scalable, meaning it can be used on a small or large scale depending on the energy needs.

3. What are the main challenges of implementing solar power technology?

One of the main challenges of implementing solar power technology is the initial cost. While solar power is cost-effective in the long run, the installation of solar panels can be expensive. Another challenge is the intermittency of solar power, meaning it is only produced when the sun is shining. This can be mitigated through the use of energy storage systems or through a combination of solar power with other renewable energy sources.

4. How does solar power compare to other forms of renewable energy?

Solar power is one of the most widely used and efficient forms of renewable energy. It is more reliable and consistent than wind or hydro power, as it does not rely on external factors like wind or water availability. Solar power also has a lower environmental impact compared to other forms of renewable energy, such as biomass or geothermal power.

5. What are the current market opportunities for solar power?

The solar power market is rapidly growing, with increasing demand for clean and renewable energy sources. This presents numerous opportunities for solar power companies and investors. The decreasing costs of solar panel production and advancements in technology also make solar power a more attractive option for businesses and individuals looking to reduce their carbon footprint and save on energy costs.