Solutions to the problems in Alastair Rae - Quantum Mechanics 5 ed

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 9K views
Epitaxi
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi!

I'm currently reading Alastairs book and would like to try some of the problems that ends each chapter. But where do I get the answers/solutions?

Cheers
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Epitaxi said:
Hi!

I'm currently reading Alastairs book and would like to try some of the problems that ends each chapter. But where do I get the answers/solutions?

Cheers

Instructor solution manuals are only available to instructors. Is there some other set of solutions you have in mind?
 
berkeman said:
Instructor solution manuals are only available to instructors. Is there some other set of solutions you have in mind?

Not sure if I follow (might be because I'm swedish). I borrowed this book at the campus library so its not a book used in any courses at our library, at least to my knowledge. Are you saying that the answers/solutions can only be obtained if your teaching using this book as course material?
 
Epitaxi said:
Not sure if I follow (might be because I'm swedish). I borrowed this book at the campus library so its not a book used in any courses at our library, at least to my knowledge. Are you saying that the answers/solutions can only be obtained if your teaching using this book as course material?

For books that are used as textbooks (that's a reason for the problems in each chapter), yes, only instructors are able to get the solution manuals (for obvious reasons). However, many textbooks will show solutions for the odd (or even) problems in the back of the book, for the reason that you are asking about -- so students can check their answers as they do practice problems on their own.

Also, I believe that there are some books that offer solution manuals to the general student population. Instructors know this, so they would not give points-paying assignments from those books. We've had a thread or two about those types of books here on the PF -- I forget what they are called.