Solve equtaion with sinh en coth in matlab

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter mrcannibal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, the syntax for solving an equation with sinh and coth in matlab is: <code>syms x; solve(sinh(x)==a, coth(x)==b, x)</code>. The solve function in matlab can handle equations with multiple variables, and will return both real and complex solutions when solving equations with sinh and coth. You can use the <code>fplot</code> function to plot the solutions to an equation with sinh and coth in matlab, but there may be limitations or restrictions when using the solve function for very complex or poorly defined equations.
mrcannibal
Hi, I need the numerical solution of C. But i get an Error: argument must be of 'Type::Arithmetical' [sinh]! Can you help me the code please,I would be of great help!
Thanks

syms x

Bi = 0.43;

t = -16.9;

N = x/(2*Bi)+ t/2;

y = 2*(1-coth(x))*(cosh(x)-cosh(N))+x/((2*Bi)*exp(-N))+(1-coth(x)/(2*Bi))*x*sinh(x);

P = solve(y);

M = P/(2*Bi)+t/2;

C = (P^2/sinh(P)^2)*exp(-M)*(cosh(P)-cosh(M));

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, declare Bi and t also as syms variables, it worked for me

1. What is the syntax for solving an equation with sinh and coth in matlab?

The syntax for solving an equation with sinh and coth in matlab is: syms x; solve(sinh(x)==a, coth(x)==b, x), where a and b are the desired values for sinh(x) and coth(x), respectively.

2. Can I use the solve function for equations with multiple variables?

Yes, the solve function in matlab can handle equations with multiple variables. Simply include all the variables in the syms command and specify the desired values for each variable in the solve function.

3. How does matlab handle complex solutions when solving equations with sinh and coth?

Matlab will return both real and complex solutions when solving equations with sinh and coth. The solutions will be in the form of complex numbers, where the real part is represented by Re and the imaginary part is represented by Im.

4. Is there a way to plot the solutions to an equation with sinh and coth in matlab?

Yes, you can use the fplot function in matlab to plot the solutions to an equation with sinh and coth. Simply define the equation as a function using syms and then use fplot to plot it over a desired range of values.

5. Are there any limitations or restrictions when using the solve function in matlab for equations with sinh and coth?

The solve function in matlab may not be able to find solutions for very complex equations with sinh and coth. It is also important to ensure that the equation is properly defined and there are no syntax errors. Additionally, the solve function may not be able to find all solutions if they are not well-defined or have a high degree of complexity.