Solve Problem 13: Magnitude of Reaction Force at Pivot

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pakbabydoll
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Pakbabydoll
Messages
45
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


n my homework we are asked to find the magnitude of the reaction force at the pivot at a instant and earlier in the problem we found the magnitude of the angular speed at one instant, the magnitude of the angular acceleration at the same instant, and the magnitude of the acceleration of its center of mass at the same instant

PROBLEM # 13

Homework Equations


I am lost now... am attaching the picture

The Attempt at a Solution


F= (4.5)(16.43509961) (my numbers)
but the answer is wrong..

than I tried
F= ma
F= (4.5)(7.350000002) (transitional acceleration only)
answer is still wrong :(

my numbers =

angular acceleration= 2.133526851
angular velocity= 2.065684802
Net acceleration= 16.43509961

mass- 4.5
rod- 6.89

What am I doing wrong?
 
Attachments
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
so so for future users this is how you get the answer:

(1/2)(9.8)(m)^2+(1/4)(9.8)(m)^2
than take square root of that



but I still don't know why you get it that way... its too late for me to plug it into the system so I am not sure if its even right but that's how you get it...
 
Pakbabydoll said:

The Attempt at a Solution


F= (4.5)(16.43509961) (my numbers)
but the answer is wrong..
:confused:

than I tried
F= ma
F= (4.5)(7.350000002) (transitional acceleration only)
answer is still wrong :(
On the right track here. Note that F is the net force. You need to find the force of the pivot on the rod.