Solving a Trigonometry Question: Rate of Change from pi to 11pi/6

  • Thread starter Thread starter macdreboi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Trigonometry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
macdreboi
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey guys I am new in this forum so if i posted this question in the wrong section, please notify me. Anyway.
My concern here is this.

So I am trying to find the RATE OF CHANGE of f from pi to 11pi/6

f(x)= tan x

I have attached the part i need help on.
Note: This is very simple but there is one step which i don't understand.

The part where 11pi/6 - pi = 5pi/6 <----- How is this? Please explain...
thanks in advance.
 
Attachments
  • trig hw.jpg
    trig hw.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 455
Physics news on Phys.org
Don't you know how to add and subtract fractions?
 
the question is as good as asking you to find the gradient,

so the '11pi/6 - pi = 5pi/6' part is the x value of the gradient.,

similarly, the y value of the gradient is the top part as shown in your question

gradient is

y1 - y0
--------
x1 - x0
 
macdreboi said:
Hey guys I am new in this forum so if i posted this question in the wrong section, please notify me. Anyway.
My concern here is this.

So I am trying to find the RATE OF CHANGE of f from pi to 11pi/6

f(x)= tan x

I have attached the part i need help on.
Note: This is very simple but there is one step which i don't understand.

The part where 11pi/6 - pi = 5pi/6 <----- How is this? Please explain...
thanks in advance.
11pi/6- pi= pi(11/6- 1)= pi(11/6- 6/6).