Solving Fourier Transform of f(x)=1/(x^2+6x+13)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
saxen
Messages
44
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Hi y'all, ran into some trouble with a Fourier transform

Im supposed to find the Fourier transform of

f(x)=[itex]\frac{1}{x^{2}+6x+13}[/itex]


Homework Equations



Not that I know

The Attempt at a Solution



I tried integrating this with no luck.

All help is as usual very much appreciated!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What are your thoughts on how to do the integration?
 
vela said:
What are your thoughts on how to do the integration?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean how I technically evaluate it?
 
What I'm getting at is the rules of the forum say you need to show a serious attempt at doing the problem yourself. Simply saying "I tried but couldn't figure it out" doesn't cut it.
 
vela said:
What I'm getting at is the rules of the forum say you need to show a serious attempt at doing the problem yourself. Simply saying "I tried but couldn't figure it out" doesn't cut it.

Well then, not much else to then lock thread I guess. Will call a friend instead. Thank you for reading though.