Solving Impedance/Admittance for V_s w/ 2 Caps, 2 Inductors, 2 Res.

  • Thread starter Thread starter VinnyCee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Inductors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 8K views
VinnyCee
Messages
486
Reaction score
0
Impedance and Admittance: Find Vs given Io in a circuit with 2 caps,2 inductors,2res

Homework Statement



Find [itex]V_s[/itex] if [itex]I_0\,=\,2\angle0\deg[/itex] A.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6291/problem954zz0.jpg

Homework Equations



KCL, KVL

The Attempt at a Solution



I made a new diagram:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9359/problem954part2gz3.jpg

But how do I combine the left hand equivalent impedance, so that the final circuit to work on would be this:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1690/problem954part3fj1.jpg [tex]\frac{1}{Z_3}\,=\,\frac{1}{Z_1}\,+\,\frac{1}{j4\Omega}\,=\,\frac{1}{2\,+\,2j}\,+\,\frac{1}{4j}[/tex]

Figuring [itex]V_o[/itex]:

[tex]V_o\,=\,I_o\,Z_2\,=\,\left(2\angle0\right)\left(2\angle45\right)\,=\,4\angle45[/tex]

[tex]I_L\,=\,\frac{V_0}{j2}\,=\,\frac{4\angle45}{\sqrt{2}\angle63.43}\,=\,\frac{4}{\sqrt{2}}\angle-18.43[/tex]

[tex]I_1\,=\,-\left(I_L\,+\,I_0\right)\,=-\left[\,\left(\frac{4}{\sqrt{2}}\angle-18.43\right)\,+\,\left(2\angle0\right)\right][/tex]

[tex]V_1\,=\,I_1\,Z_1[/tex]

I need this to find [itex]V_s[/itex].

[tex]V_s\,=\,V_1\,-\,V_0[/tex]

How do I finish? Please help!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I did the calculations and conversions of complex rectangular to polar and got this as a final answer:

[tex]V_S\,=\,9.581\,cos\left(t\,+\,29.70)[/tex]

Does that look right?