Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some doubts about gold membership

1. Mar 27, 2013 #1
    I was reading gold membership advantagesa and there were only two that caught my attention:

- Boolean searching: what are the boolean options?
    - Recognition charts: how do you measure recognition? is it your recognition or other's as well?
    - Custom title. Increases the limit characters of the title?

Can someone explain to me what they are?
    The avatar, signature, profile photo, ads, set invible,who's online, advantages like better don't interest me.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2013 #2
    The biggest advantage is that you support a worthy cause :)
    The rest are just small perks.

4. Mar 27, 2013 #3
    ok, fair enough but I'm far from rich here. I would like to know what those perks are about.

5. Mar 28, 2013 #4
    I'm not sure about the first 2 questions (boolean and recognition)

However, the custom title is the "gold member" thing. You can check it out below my avatar. Under "Recognitions".

6. Mar 28, 2013 #5

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Boolean searching is something like "relativity OR relativistic". I don't know how complex the expressions are allowed to get, but AND and OR (and probably NOT) should work.

7. Mar 28, 2013 #6

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

8. Mar 29, 2013 #7
    Nice, I will post in my university after the holidays!

9. Mar 31, 2013 #8

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow tsuwal. You look really nice in gold. I see from your profile that your favorite area of science is Biomedical Engineering. Very noble. Welcome to Physics Forums.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook