Some serious connections from PC to several TV-s

• Thread starter Zalman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pc
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of connecting a PC to multiple TVs using an analog cable connection. The suggested solutions include using WiDi HD technology, HDMI or component splitters, and a modulator to convert the PC signal to TV. The conversation also mentions the need for a software or driver to send the signal from the PC to the modulator.
Zalman
Does anyone have an idea what device to use to connect a PC with about 25 TV-s? The problem is that the whole building connection is based on a analog (COX) cable and i need a device that transfers a Digital signal from a PC to a several analog signals that goes thro the cable into the TV-s antenna, so i can't use the S-video nor HDMI.

Computer science news on Phys.org
What kind of digital signal does the PC output? If you can convert it to an NTSC analog video signal, there are devices that are designed to inject such a signal into a cable TV system on a specified channel. For the injection step, you might be able to use an old VCR, if it's OK to put the signal on channel 3 or 4.

(I'm assuming you're in the USA. I don't know what cable TV standards are like elsewhere.)

Nop I am in Europe, well i got my connection problem cleared. I bought a modulator that converts the signal from PC to TV but i can't get the picture from my desktop to the TC coz the WinXP dosn't recognice the device. So i need a software that sends a signal thro 7pin S-video from my graphic adapter to the modulator, any ideas ?

Most video cards with a svideo connector will let you setup dual monitor or treat the svideo connnector as the primary video output. I know of a few ATI video cards that support this, you just need to download and install the driver and the catalyst control center for the card.

Ok I'l try that one

1. How do I connect my PC to multiple TVs?

There are a few different methods for connecting your PC to multiple TVs, depending on the type of TV and the ports available on your PC. One option is to use an HDMI splitter, which allows you to connect one HDMI cable from your PC to the splitter, and then connect multiple HDMI cables from the splitter to each TV. Another option is to use a wireless display adapter, which allows you to wirelessly connect your PC to multiple TVs. You can also use a VGA splitter or a DVI splitter, depending on the ports available on your PC and TVs.

2. Can I use my PC as a media server for my TVs?

Yes, you can use your PC as a media server for your TVs. This means that you can store media files on your PC and access them on your TVs for streaming or playback. To do this, you will need to set up a media server software on your PC, such as Plex or Kodi, and then connect your TVs to the media server via a network connection. This allows you to access your media files from any TV that is connected to the media server.

3. Do I need any special cables or adapters for connecting my PC to multiple TVs?

It depends on the ports available on your PC and TVs, as well as the method you are using to connect them. If you are using an HDMI splitter, you will need HDMI cables. If you are using a wireless display adapter, you will need a wireless adapter for your PC and a receiver for your TVs. If you are using a VGA or DVI splitter, you will need the corresponding cables. It is important to make sure that the cables and adapters you use are compatible with your devices.

4. Can I mirror my PC screen on all of my TVs?

Yes, you can mirror your PC screen on all of your TVs if they are connected to your PC. This allows you to display the same content on all of your TVs simultaneously. To do this, you will need to use a mirroring software, such as AirParrot or Miracast, which allows you to wirelessly mirror your PC screen to multiple TVs. You can also use an HDMI splitter or a VGA splitter to display your PC screen on multiple TVs.

5. Are there any limitations to connecting my PC to multiple TVs?

There may be some limitations when connecting your PC to multiple TVs, depending on the method you are using and the capabilities of your devices. For example, if you are using a wireless display adapter, you may experience lag or lower quality streaming depending on the strength of your network connection. Additionally, some TVs may not support certain types of connections, such as HDMI or VGA, so it is important to check the specifications of your devices before attempting to connect them.