Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some serious connections from PC to several TV-s

1. Jan 11, 2010 #1
    Does anyone have an idea what device to use to connect a PC with about 25 TV-s? The problem is that the whole building connection is based on a analog (COX) cable and i need a device that transfers a Digital signal from a PC to a several analog signals that goes thro the cable into the TV-s antenna, so i can't use the S-video nor HDMI.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2010 #2

rcgldr

Homework Helper

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. Jan 11, 2010 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

What kind of digital signal does the PC output? If you can convert it to an NTSC analog video signal, there are devices that are designed to inject such a signal into a cable TV system on a specified channel. For the injection step, you might be able to use an old VCR, if it's OK to put the signal on channel 3 or 4.

(I'm assuming you're in the USA. I don't know what cable TV standards are like elsewhere.)

5. Jan 15, 2010 #4
    Nop im in Europe, well i got my connection problem cleared. I bought a modulator that converts the signal from PC to TV but i can't get the picture from my desktop to the TC coz the WinXP dosn't recognice the device. So i need a software that sends a signal thro 7pin S-video from my graphic adapter to the modulator, any ideas ?

6. Jan 15, 2010 #5

rcgldr

Homework Helper

Most video cards with a svideo connector will let you setup dual monitor or treat the svideo connnector as the primary video output. I know of a few ATI video cards that support this, you just need to download and install the driver and the catalyst control center for the card.

7. Jan 16, 2010 #6
    Ok I'l try that one

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook