Some website about new Bohr model

In summary, the conversation discusses a website created by a Japanese individual that proposes a new Bohr model for calculating energy in noble gases and bonds. The individual openly denies quantum mechanics and relativity and believes his model can accurately calculate energy without worrying about the many-body problem. Some question the validity of the theory and wonder if it can lead to a new theory of atoms. The moderators remind them that discussion of pseudoscience is not allowed on the forum.
HAYAO
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This website <link removed> by some Japanese guy talks about a new Bohr model that can accurately calculate energy of Helium and other noble gases, as well as bonds, in non-relativistic level. (I happened to come across this website when I was searching about spinor.) He also reviews why old Bohr's model failed when he proposed it.

This guy openly denies quantum mechanics (and relativity), and explains that by reconsidering Bohr's model into a new, classically intuitive orbital, he has successfully derived an atomic model that can accurately calculate the energies and etc, without having to have to worry too much about many-body problem.

I am not a theoretical physicist nor someone who has taken formal education in physics so I cannot seem to understand the validity of his theory (I am a chemist). I am unsure whether this is a good place or not to start for this guy to work on this fundamental theory. I am just wondering, without bias, from the physicist's point of view on his theory. Do you think with some work, this model can be refined to create a new theory of atoms and etc, or do you think there are too many fundamental problems that it won't be any good no matter how this guy attempt refining it.

Don't get me wrong. I am not trying to deny quantum mechanics or QFT or SR & GR, or anything. I lack physical background to be able to do that.P.S. Dear moderators, if you find this thread inappropriate, please delete or move this to more appropriate place. I did make sure that this topic was never discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Great news, will look forward to reading his first paper on it in a peer reviewed and reputable physics journal.

Sounds like a Nobel prize for sure.

houlahound said:
Great news, will look forward to reading his first paper on it in a peer reviewed and reputable physics journal.

Sounds like a Nobel prize for sure.
I hope it's a sarcasm. :biggrin:

Likes houlahound
Discussion of pseudoscience is not allowed at PF, even to debunk it.

Thread closed.

Likes vanhees71

1. What is the new Bohr model and why is it important?

The new Bohr model is an updated version of the original Bohr model of the atom proposed by Danish physicist Niels Bohr in 1913. It incorporates new scientific discoveries and theories, such as quantum mechanics, to better explain the behavior of atoms. This model is important because it helps us understand the fundamental building blocks of matter and has practical applications in fields such as chemistry and technology.

2. How does the new Bohr model differ from the original model?

The original Bohr model depicted electrons as orbiting around the nucleus in fixed circular paths, much like planets orbiting the sun. The new Bohr model instead describes electrons as existing in a cloud of probability, where their exact location and momentum cannot be determined at the same time. This model also takes into account the concept of energy levels and subshells within an atom.

3. What evidence supports the new Bohr model?

One major piece of evidence for the new Bohr model is the observation of atomic spectra, which are unique patterns of light emitted by atoms when they are excited. The new model accurately predicts the patterns of spectral lines for different elements, providing strong support for its validity. Additionally, experiments such as the double-slit experiment and the photoelectric effect also support the concepts of quantum mechanics and the probabilistic nature of electrons.

4. How has the new Bohr model impacted our understanding of the atom?

The new Bohr model has greatly expanded our understanding of the atom and its behavior. It has helped us explain phenomena that could not be adequately described by the original model, such as the stability of atoms and the properties of different elements. It has also paved the way for further advancements in quantum mechanics and our understanding of the subatomic world.

5. Can the new Bohr model be applied to all atoms?

While the new Bohr model has been successful in explaining the behavior of many atoms, it is not a perfect model and has its limitations. It is most accurate for atoms with a single electron, such as hydrogen, and becomes less accurate for atoms with multiple electrons. Additionally, it does not account for the effects of relativity and does not fully explain the behavior of heavier atoms. Therefore, it is constantly being refined and updated as our understanding of atoms continues to evolve.