1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Something like SPIRES for condensed matter?

1. Jul 27, 2008 #1
    Something like "SPIRES" for condensed matter?

I'm trying to find (with no luck, obviously) some sort of database of people and papers in condensed matter physics, sort of like SPIRES is for the high energy community. Basically something where I can look up a professor and see a list of their publications and the impact of those papers by citation count.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2008 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. Jul 28, 2008 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Re: Something like "SPIRES" for condensed matter?

Condensed matter does not need a "spires"-like repository, because they tend to be the largest in wherever they go. So if you do look at the arxiv section of cond-mat, you can already see that anyone and everyone in condensed matter will upload their preprints/papers there.

Zz.

5. Jul 28, 2008 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Also look in PROLA.

6. Jul 28, 2008 #5

Ah, thank you everyone. Essentially I did have in mind something like citebase.org (thanks!)... but they admit that their service is quite incomplete. Also, I use arxiv frequently, but it seems that the only way to gather citation information from there is... well... to use citebase.org!

So I guess my next question: is their claim of incompleteness merely a disclaimer? Do they have "just about everything" or not even close?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?