SOS -- Questions about mass, acceleration and velocity

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with understanding the relationship between force, momentum, angular momentum, kinetic energy, and potential energy with respect to mass, acceleration, and velocity. The person is struggling with the concept and asks for assistance without being judged. They are advised to start by writing out the mathematical equivalents of the terms they are asking about. The thread is temporarily closed for moderation until the person shows their efforts to solve the problem.
rcetinkaya
New poster has been reminded to always show their work when starting schoolwork threads
Homework Statement
how force, momentum, Angular momentum, kinetic and potential energy are linked with respect to mass, acceleration and velocity
Relevant Equations
N/A
Please some one help! I am about to go stir crazy. I am really struggling to answer a the following question...describe how force, momentum, Angular momentum, kinetic and potential energy are linked with respect to mass, acceleration and velocity.

Its probably really easy but science is not my strong point so please do not judge me. Thank you in advance for any help.

Likes Leo Liu
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

According to the homework guidelines you need to show us your best attempt at solving a problem yourself.

What do you know about these quantities? Have they been covered in your physics course?

I would suggest starting by writing out mathematical equivalents of the various terms you are asking about. Low hanging fruit is F=ma. Define all the questions in terms of m, a, and V and see where you get to.

Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

rcetinkaya said:
Homework Statement:: how force, momentum, Angular momentum, kinetic and potential energy are linked with respect to mass, acceleration and velocity
Relevant Equations:: N/A

Please some one help! I am about to go stir crazy. I am really struggling to answer a the following question...describe how force, momentum, Angular momentum, kinetic and potential energy are linked with respect to mass, acceleration and velocity.

Its probably really easy but science is not my strong point so please do not judge me. Thank you in advance for any help.
Welcome to PF.

As has been mentioned, you need to show your efforts to work on the problem before we can provide tutorial help. Please start a new thread in this forum and show your best efforts to start listing the relationships that you are asking about. Thank you; this thread will stay closed.

1. What is mass?

Mass is a measure of the amount of matter in an object. It is commonly measured in kilograms (kg) or grams (g).

2. How is mass different from weight?

Mass and weight are often used interchangeably, but they are actually different concepts. Mass is a measure of the amount of matter in an object, while weight is a measure of the force of gravity acting on an object. Mass remains the same regardless of location, but weight can vary depending on the strength of gravity.

3. What is acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate of change of an object's velocity over time. It is commonly measured in meters per second squared (m/s²).

4. How is acceleration related to force?

According to Newton's second law of motion, force is equal to mass multiplied by acceleration (F=ma). This means that a larger force will result in a greater acceleration, and vice versa.

5. What is velocity?

Velocity is the rate of change of an object's position over time. It is a vector quantity, meaning it has both magnitude (speed) and direction. It is commonly measured in meters per second (m/s).