Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Space and time. What I dont know but would like to

1. Dec 15, 2008 #1
    Over the last few weeks I have learned some stuff about time and space etc.
    I'm not entirely sure I understand it all.
    The main thing being that time on the ground floor of a tall building is slower than time on the top floor?

A few other things that I have questions about are.
    The big bang
    Antimatter
    Dark Matter
    How/Why the universe is expanding
    If it will start shrinking after it stops expanding
    If it does start to shrink will it be due to gravity?
    The theory of relavity
    Also, general stuff about time.

I'm not too 'in the know' on stuff.
    Simple explanations of complicated things would be nice. I would like perespective

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2008 #2
  4. Dec 15, 2008 #3
    I second what Naty1 said, but in my opinion books are much more user-friendly than the internet. I try to not use Wikipedia for learning anything but the most basic stuff. Flipping pages, seeing the stuff you are interested in and reading it, and then if you need something, just get the book and look for it... in the same time seeing more interesing stuff and... Anyway, 'nuff lyrics, just find some good books in Amazon, or in your local bookstore :) My personal favorite is "The Trouble with Physics" by Lee Smolin. For starters, if you know what's good for you, find the books with the least number of equations possible, because... equations just freak you out and they don't really help you understand anything...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?