Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spanish/English Science Dictionary

1. May 26, 2008 #1
    Anyone know of a good site with spanish science vocabulary, or a decent dictionary ?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2008 #2

Gold Member

I found this page looking for the same thing. I wanted a spanish-english physics book. So far the only thing I found is a Medical book.
  4. Jul 20, 2008 #3
    true story, i just came from another country and i don't speak fluent English, so i m lost in all my classes, i have to spend hours with a dictionary so i can translate the problems in the books.
  5. Oct 13, 2008 #4

Gold Member

My mother tongue is French and I moved in Argentina about 2 years ago... I had no major difficulties in learning and understanding the stuff in Spanish. I don't translate anything, but rather I love to learn in French, Spanish and English (since a few), thanks to wikipedia. So when you don't know how is called a theorem, or a concept, just check it out on wikipedia.

But if you have difficulties with the language in everyday life, I strongly suggest you to take English courses adjusted to your current level. There's nothing better than that : ask all the questions/doubts you have... You'll progress spectaculary.
    Anyway, a decent Spanish dictionary would be the dictionary of the Real Academia Española. I don't own it myself (too expensive), but I believe with no doubt that it's the best one in Spanish.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?