1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spanish/English Science Dictionary

1. May 26, 2008 #1
    Anyone know of a good site with spanish science vocabulary, or a decent dictionary ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2008 #2

madmike159

Gold Member

I found this page looking for the same thing. I wanted a spanish-english physics book. So far the only thing I found is a Medical book.

4. Jul 20, 2008 #3
    true story, i just came from another country and i don't speak fluent English, so i m lost in all my classes, i have to spend hours with a dictionary so i can translate the problems in the books.

5. Oct 13, 2008 #4

fluidistic

Gold Member

My mother tongue is French and I moved in Argentina about 2 years ago... I had no major difficulties in learning and understanding the stuff in Spanish. I don't translate anything, but rather I love to learn in French, Spanish and English (since a few), thanks to wikipedia. So when you don't know how is called a theorem, or a concept, just check it out on wikipedia.

But if you have difficulties with the language in everyday life, I strongly suggest you to take English courses adjusted to your current level. There's nothing better than that : ask all the questions/doubts you have... You'll progress spectaculary.
    Anyway, a decent Spanish dictionary would be the dictionary of the Real Academia Española. I don't own it myself (too expensive), but I believe with no doubt that it's the best one in Spanish.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?