1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Specialization: radiation shielding and reactor materials

1. Aug 7, 2010 #1
    Is specialization in radiation shielding and reactor/reactant materials a valid area of specialization? I am just worried if the two areas are too broad or different to name as my area of specialization. I ask this because I am trying to answer my applications for area of specialization and I want to make sure I am writing about a valid specialization.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2010 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Radiation shielding is usually done within the field of Health Physics. I suspect reacting materials, by which I'm assuming you're talking about the processing of uranium etc., would be Nuclear Physics or even Materials Science/Engineering.

4. Aug 7, 2010 #3
    Ok thanks. So I should write my specialization as nuclear physics then go into the details about reactor materials and so on.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook