1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Statement of Purpose for Statistics PhD

1. Aug 9, 2014 #1

joshmccraney

Gold Member

Hey PF

So I am writing a personal statement for a phd in statistics and i am not sure what all to include. each graduate school has very broad directions, and i'm not sure what to put.

should i list a faculty member that interests me, or is that too much work? selecting one professor is difficult because i don't know specifically what i want to study other than something in statistics. i feel like when i applied to college i didn't know i wanted to study math, but after getting accepted and taking courses i found what i like. i narrowed it down. i feel that graduate school is the same; i know i want to study statistics, but i don't know any further details.

please only respond if you are someone who reads these letters and makes decisions or used to make decisions/give input.

thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2014 #2
  4. Aug 9, 2014 #3

joshmccraney

Gold Member

thank you so much! i posted this thread for a buddy of mine, and he's very thankful!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook