Stay Stylish & In-the-Know: Follow Trends in Fashion, Music & Food

In summary, this woman does not follow the latest trends in clothing or music. She does, however, pay attention to trends in food. She has researched what to wear to a cocktail party and found an outfit she liked at a thrift store.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Do you follow the trends of the day in clothing and keeping up with the music of the day, Follow the latest food trends.?

Science news on Phys.org
Nope. I don't follow any of that stuff. It's rather shallow.

No, not really.

This is the first time I hear about "food trends". I didn't even know that was a thing. :confused:

Psinter said:
This is the first time I hear about "food trends". I didn't even know that was a thing. :confused:
Oh there sure is! Ever heard of http://yummly.com? That's like social media for food. And then you have all those food bloggers who think that they're so healthy . . .

Likes Sophia and Psinter
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Oh there sure is! Ever heard of http://yummly.com? That's like social media for food.
Oh, what a nice sight. Although I'm more attracted to the site design than the content. It's kind of nice how they put the Nutrition Facts and make it interactive according to the number of Servings the user inputs.
ProfuselyQuarky said:
And then you have all those food bloggers who think that they're so healthy . . .
:DD

I set my own trends. OH, BTW, so not with it.

Wooly, I don't even know what it is.

(I do listen to new music though. For nearly every song I have ever heard, I can only listen to it N times, after which I simply can't stand it. Most of the time N is less than 20. This forces me to seek new music constantly.)

lisab said:
Wooly, I don't even know what it is.

(I do listen to new music though. For nearly every song I have ever heard, I can only listen to it N times, after which I simply can't stand it. Most of the time N is less than 20. This forces me to seek new music constantly.)

Hi Lisab, long time no hear from, i can listen to certain tunes over and over, the Beatles, Stones, Meatloaf etc etc, what about clothes do you keep up with trend or are you stuck with jeans and comfortable clothes?

Psinter said:
Oh, what a nice sight. Although I'm more attracted to the site design than the content. It's kind of nice how they put the Nutrition Facts and make it interactive according to the number of Servings the user inputs.

:DD
Glad you like it! I'm quite fond of Yummly, too. Tell me, @Psinter, have you ever cooked anything with Himalayan pink salt or nutritional yeast? :wink:
wolram said:
are you stuck with jeans and comfortable clothes?
Well, this describes me perfectly . . .

ProfuselyQuarky said:
Glad you like it! I'm quite fond of Yummly, too. Tell me, @Psinter, have you ever cooked anything with Himalayan pink salt or nutritional yeast? :wink:
I'm not a cooker type and I rarely use salt on my foods so nope, I've never used Himalayan pink salt. The only salt I consume is already included on pre-made products. About yeast, I've never used any kind of yeast for anything. I don't even know what yeast can be used for. :frown:
wolram said:
or are you stuck with jeans and comfortable clothes?
Sometimes I dress like in the Victorian Era. o0) Or like this: (for the sake of fun)
feel_like_a_sir_in_hd_by_lemmino-d6023aa.png
dacdd3e5249cdb1743be460358fbea67.jpg

Last edited:
Likes ProfuselyQuarky
wolram said:
Do you follow the trends of the day in clothing and keeping up with the music of the day, Follow the latest food trends.?
Men often don't but women do. Gay people may have different views about these trends.
I don't follow any personally.

wolram said:
I've never payed attention to clothing or musical trends. I wear what I feel comfortable in, and I listen to music I find enjoyable. I'll never understand why anyone would do it differently. The only times I ever look up what to wear is if I'm going somewhere with a dress code and don't know whether or not I already own something that would be appropriate. I don't like shopping, especially to spend money unnecessarily.

For example, I received an invitation a few years ago that required "cocktail party" attire. I had no idea what that was, other than I knew it was fancier than what I usually wear (flannel long-sleeves with jeans). I had a few business suits, but I was told cocktails outfits are usually more casual than full suits. I Googled cocktail party outfits and got a general idea of what to look for and I ended up purchasing an entire outfit at a local thrift store for about $25. A business suit probably would have been fine, but I figured I'd try to live a little.
:partytime:

Now, food trends? I Googled it and this was one of the first few links: http://www.bonappetit.com/trends/article/food-trends-2016

Yeah... I don't see myself paying attention to those anytime soon. That page looks like a word salad (no pun intended). I also get the feeling "food trends" involve a lot of pseudo-science and quackery. Or maybe I'm just not crunchy enough. :oldbiggrin:

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
I don't pay attention to fashion. I wear what feels comfortable. The only fashion accessory I wear are beaded earrings. Preferably handmade (I buy them, don't make them myself).
In food, I read about the new trends to see if there is something interesting or sensible, but 90% of my food is local and seasonal. The only exception is exotic fruit which I love.
With ingredients like pink salt or seaweed I find that the final result is not so good to excuse their high cost and energy needed to go to special health store :-)
Yeast is a very common ingredient here used for baking and there is also a yeast spread that goes on bread. That's nothing exotic to me.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Psinter said:
Sometimes I dress like in the Victorian Era.
Hee! That's a very dapper way to dress :biggrin:
Sophia said:
Yeast is a very common ingredient here used for baking and there is also a yeast spread that goes on bread. That's nothing exotic to me.
Yes, true. However, nutritional yeast is completely different. Vegans use it as a substitute to add cheese flavor to their dishes!

Likes Psinter
ProfuselyQuarky said:
Yes, true. However, nutritional yeast is completely different. Vegans use it as a substitute to add cheese flavor to their dishes!

I see :-) I found that it is deactivated yeast. So it's it basically dried yeast or is there a difference between țhem?
Are you a vegan PQ?

Sophia said:
I see :-) I found that it is deactivated yeast. So it's it basically dried yeast or is there a difference between țhem?
Are you a vegan PQ?
Deactivated yeast is yeast where all the fungi are dead, so I suppose there is a difference between the two, since active yeast is "dried", too. Technically, I’m a vegetarian since I'll eat cheese and dairy products upon very special occasion, but everything that we cook at home is vegan :smile:

ProfuselyQuarky said:
Deactivated yeast is yeast where all the fungi are dead, so I suppose there is a difference between the two, since active yeast is "dried", too. Technically, I’m a vegetarian since I'll eat cheese and dairy products upon very special occasion, but everything that we cook at home is vegan [emoji2]
That's cool! I used to be a vegetarian for 3 years. And I used to go to a vegan buffet from time to time when I lived in the Czech rep. It's amazing that vegan pastries can be so delicious :-)

Likes ProfuselyQuarky

What is the importance of following trends in fashion, music, and food?

Following trends in fashion, music, and food allows individuals to stay current and relevant in their respective industries. It also allows for creative expression and the opportunity to discover new styles, sounds, and flavors.

How can one stay stylish without breaking the bank?

One can stay stylish without breaking the bank by shopping at thrift stores, taking advantage of sales and discounts, and investing in timeless pieces that can be mixed and matched with trendier items.

Why is it important to support local and sustainable fashion, music, and food?

Supporting local and sustainable fashion, music, and food is important for the environment and the economy. It reduces carbon footprint, supports small businesses, and promotes ethical practices.

How does one determine which trends to follow?

One can determine which trends to follow by considering personal style, comfort, and individual preferences. It is also important to research and consider the impact and significance of the trend.

How can one incorporate trends in fashion, music, and food into their daily life?

One can incorporate trends in fashion, music, and food into their daily life by trying new styles, listening to new music, and experimenting with new recipes. It is also important to stay open-minded and be willing to step out of one's comfort zone.