Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Staying at the Hilton vs Going to Jail

1. Throw the book at her! Give her the maximum sentence!

43 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. Let her off the hook. She's too pretty for a place like jail.

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. May 24, 2007 #1
    Poor Paris... the price she must pay for being fabulous.

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2007 #2
    Letterman joked about it.

"She is going to be in a 12 X12 room with a toilet and a bed. There is also a small window, which is an upgrade at a Hilton."

4. May 24, 2007 #3
    I'd rather they force her to watch 'The Simple Life' marathon, Clockwork Orange style. Let the punishment fit the crime.

5. May 24, 2007 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

What is sad is that it made headlines - something about Paris is distraught! Oh, my! :rolleyes:

Well tough s**t. She violated probation, and she was probably given some slack because of who she is.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't be distraught about going to jail, which is basically a complete loss of one's independence.

I wouldn't say 'through the book at her', but she did the crime, now she's go to do the time.

I don't think her psychiatrist has been very effective up to now.

6. May 24, 2007 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why is Paris Hilton famous? There are plenty of other rich brats who don't get the attention that she does.

7. May 24, 2007 #6

Astronuc

Why does the media pay such attention to highly dysfunctional people? :yuck:

8. May 24, 2007 #7
    Because she's particularly hot.

9. May 24, 2007 #8
    She's not though, she's just extremely skinny.

10. May 24, 2007 #9
    If you like them rail thin and flat... sure.

11. May 24, 2007 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Funny, I look at her and certainly don't see someone who is hot... might like to slap her and tell her to get a job though. :biggrin:

12. May 24, 2007 #11
    They can't really lock her up with all the other inmates. They'd tear her apart like a skinny goldfish in a tank full of pirhana. Although that would make an interesting reality tv show. I bet Fox could make millions.

13. May 24, 2007 #12
    Her only real accomplishment is that she has proven that a person does not have to be poor to be white trash.

14. May 24, 2007 #13
    Let her go... she didn't know any better.

I agree with Huckleberry. If they put her in jail, she will be torn to pieces.
    We have to use discretion... not just follow rules like unintelligent robots.

15. May 24, 2007 #14
    Where have you been? skinny = hot
    When's the last time you saw a plus size model get any real attention?

16. May 24, 2007 #15

russ_watters

No, I'd say she's mostly famous for being a bratty tramp. People watched her show for only one reason: it was funny to watch her be a bratty little *****.

17. May 24, 2007 #16
    I'm sorry but she is skinny, I like female athletes myself.

18. May 24, 2007 #17

turbo

Gold Member

Does ANS ring a bell? She was a pretty meaty lady, and she got more press than Paris. I'd take the Serena Williams type over Paris any day, though Anna Kournikova is cute and hot. Maybe the hottest ticket in the UK is the page 3 girl Keeley Hazell (spelling?). She's slim, but she's got a couple of things going for her.

19. Jun 7, 2007 #18
    Well, it seems Paris has served her sentence. The original length of her sentence was supposed to be over 40 days. That was reduced to 20 something days. Now she has been released after spending only 3 days in jail.

Oh, I'm sure she has learned her lesson. :rolleyes:

20. Jun 7, 2007 #19

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Only in America.

21. Jun 7, 2007 #20
    What! Seriously. What!

Paris Hilton is not a model citizen and will suffer the consequences for her actions.

But these comments I read here and elsewhere are gross. It's disheartening to see damn near 99% of the population judge her so unfairly. Leave her alone.

I see and hear the People pointing their fingers at her, stroking tiny violins. They amass a gang of judges to pronounce her lower than all. And each time this happens, I roll my eyes, step up to the podium, and challenge the hater.

This woman has been held to ridiculous standards, like most celebrities and politicians. Whenever I dig a little bit, nearly every last human being who pronounces her a slutty little b**ch isn't any better at all, and often times quite worse for certain past actions. Has she become the opportunity for the guilty to pass the pepper?

She is not so evil or vile to warrant any ill words. Not a one! This "spoiled" woman works for a living. She produced her own television show that lasted more than one season. What's more, this program had her work with the public, and come into their homes. That's courageous.

Oh, people will point to her sex videos and purport that she released them intentionally, for publicity. So she's a slut. Or her lifestyle of superthin encourages other girls to live the unhealthy and dangerous lack of appetite. So she's a menace. Even her perfume: she never invented it, she has no right to have her name on it. She's a fraud.

They never stop, always looking for something to pounce on.

Leave her alone.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?