Stealthy Antenna Spotted in Santa Clara - Share Your Story!

  • Thread starter Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Antennas
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Admin
Messages
69,784
Reaction score
25,632
I spotted this "palm tree" in Santa Clara a few days ago. It's in a church parking lot, near some other real palm trees. Pretty clever way for the church to make some extra money on the side from a cell phone provider.

My girlfriend spotted a much stealthier cell antenna tower disguised as a pine tree -- I'll try to post a picture of it soon if I can figure out how to get a picture of it without getting run over (it's on a highway offramp).

What stealthy cell tower antennas or HAM/other antennas have you spotted? :smile:

Cell Tower Palm Tree in Santa Clara.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff, davenn and mfb
Engineering news on Phys.org
cool ...
gosh will have to hunt through my first USA trip in 1999, pretty sure I got a photo or 2 of southern Colorado cell towers looking like pine trees

will look when I get home toniteDave
 
I saw an abandoned cell phone tower in Bali that was completely covered with vines, Planet of the Apes style.
 
Hornbein said:
I saw an abandoned cell phone tower in Bali that was completely covered with vines, Planet of the Apes style.
Hmm, I don't think that counts. Unless of course, they re-activate the tower and don't trim the vines...:smile:
 
berkeman said:
Hmm, I don't think that counts. Unless of course, they re-activate the tower and don't trim the vines...:smile:

Sorry. It was the best I could do.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
I found a picture of a ninja parade online. I'm sure some of them had radios. :smile:
 
I have lots of pictures with invisible cell towers. At least I think they are cell towers. :wink:
 
found it ! :smile:

cellphone_tower.jpg


here's the same tower ... I managed to find it in google street view ( serious exercise !)

colorado cell tower1.jpg


the view below is from close enough to the same spot that I took my photo from

colorado cell tower2.jpg


and finally a google Earth location map ( within the red oval) ... not too far nth of Colorado Springs ...

colorado cell tower location.JPG
cheers
Dave
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jeff Rosenbury, dlgoff and berkeman