Stochastic Analysis / abstract Wiener spaces

In summary, the person is seeking clarification on the definition of classical Wiener space and the assumption that the paths are everywhere differentiable in the classical sense with derivative in L^{2}. They also have questions about the inclusion of L^{2} to L^{1} as an AWS and the use of separable Banach or Hilbert spaces throughout the notes.
GSpeight
Hi there,

I'm starting revision for Stochastic Analysis and have a few questions relating to the notes I'm reading. I'd much appreciate any clarification as I'm not as up to speed as I'd like.

1) In the definition of classical Wiener space I have [itex]H=L_{0}^{2,1}([0,T]; \mathbb{R}^{n})[/itex] the space of continuous paths starting at 0 with first derivative in [itex]L^{2}[/itex] but I'm a little confused as to what this means. Are we assuming the paths are everywhere differentiable in the classical sense with derivative in [itex]L^{2}[/itex] or only that for all [itex]\sigma \in L_{0}^{2,1}([0,T]; \mathbb{R}^{n})[/itex] there exists [itex]\phi \in L^{2}([0,T];\mathbb{R}^{n})[/itex] such that [itex]\sigma (t)=\int_{0}^{t}\phi(s)ds[/itex]? I imagine in the second case one has [itex]\sigma '(t)=\phi(t)[/itex] for almost every [itex]t[/itex]. In case it's important [itex]E=C_{0}([0,T];\mathbb{R}^{n})[/itex] and [itex]i[/itex] is the inclusion from [itex]H[/itex] to [itex]E[/itex].

2) Shortly after the definition of AWS I have that the inclusion from [itex]L^{2}[/itex] to [itex]L^{1}[/itex] is an AWS. It's clear that the inclusion is continuous linear and injective with dense range but I can't see easily that it radonifies the canonical Gaussian CSM. Is this easy to prove?

3) Throughout the notes I have (Gaussian measures, CSM's, Paley-Wiener map, Ito's integral etc.) it's assumed all Banach or Hilbert spaces are separable but I can't see where we actually use that. Where is it important?

Thanks for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone have any ideas?

1. What is Stochastic Analysis?

Stochastic Analysis is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of random processes and their properties. It involves the use of mathematical tools, such as probability theory and statistics, to analyze and model systems that involve randomness or uncertainty.

2. What are abstract Wiener spaces?

Abstract Wiener spaces are mathematical structures that are used to represent stochastic processes. They are defined as infinite-dimensional vector spaces with a norm and an inner product, and they allow for the study of stochastic processes in a more general and abstract setting.

3. What are some applications of Stochastic Analysis?

Stochastic Analysis has many applications in various fields, including finance, economics, physics, engineering, and biology. It is used to model and analyze complex systems that involve randomness, such as stock prices, weather patterns, and biological processes.

4. What is the role of Brownian motion in Stochastic Analysis?

Brownian motion, also known as the Wiener process, is a fundamental concept in Stochastic Analysis. It is a continuous, random process that is used as a building block for more complex stochastic processes. Brownian motion is also used to define the notion of the integral in Stochastic Analysis.

5. What are some key concepts in Stochastic Analysis?

Some key concepts in Stochastic Analysis include stochastic processes, martingales, Markov processes, and stochastic calculus. These concepts are used to study the behavior of random systems and make predictions about their future behavior.