1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam

1. May 24, 2016 #1
    Well, i have a cantilever beam where i have the displacement of the tip of the beam (y axis) data from a vibration of this beam. In the tip of the beam is a steel wire attached, pulling up the beam with an angle (30º for example).

I want to know if exists a form to obtain the strain of the wire based on the displacement of the beam (the vibration).

2. jcsd
  3. May 24, 2016 #2

Staff: Mentor

Are these beam questions of yours for schoolwork? If so, they should be posted in the Homework Help forums...
  4. May 25, 2016 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

@Gerrgegeorge :

Let us deal with the basic problem on your other thread first . We can come back to this one later .
  5. May 25, 2016 #4
    No, is a project of mine.

I am using a specific material to control the vibration of the beam, this material is a wire. I have tried without the angle (paralel to the beam) but in this mode the force that i need is much high.
    As my material varies is force based on his strain i need this information, but the problem is that i only have the vibration of the beam information (strain gage)

I have some ideas, but as i making simulations i want to know the right method.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted