Strain of a wire tied with an angle in a beam

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Gerrgegeorge
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Well, i have a cantilever beam where i have the displacement of the tip of the beam (y axis) data from a vibration of this beam. In the tip of the beam is a steel wire attached, pulling up the beam with an angle (30º for example).

I want to know if exists a form to obtain the strain of the wire based on the displacement of the beam (the vibration).

Thanks
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Gerrgegeorge said:
Well, i have a cantilever beam where i have the displacement of the tip of the beam (y axis) data from a vibration of this beam. In the tip of the beam is a steel wire attached, pulling up the beam with an angle (30º for example).

I want to know if exists a form to obtain the strain of the wire based on the displacement of the beam (the vibration).

Thanks
Are these beam questions of yours for schoolwork? If so, they should be posted in the Homework Help forums...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Nidum
@Gerrgegeorge :

Let us deal with the basic problem on your other thread first . We can come back to this one later .
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
No, is a project of mine.

I am using a specific material to control the vibration of the beam, this material is a wire. I have tried without the angle (paralel to the beam) but in this mode the force that i need is much high.
As my material varies is force based on his strain i need this information, but the problem is that i only have the vibration of the beam information (strain gage)

I have some ideas, but as i making simulations i want to know the right method.