Greetings Physicists, I've been accepted to study at my state University for my Ph.D in Physics. I reticent to accept however for two reasons; 1. They are not offering me a TA'ship immediately. This means I would have to finance at least my first year with student loans and work study. 2. I would like to study elsewhere for the sake of variation and breadth. I have not received offers from anywhere else and though there is one University I'm still waiting to hear from, it is likely that if I do not begin my Ph.D now I will have to work for a year attempting to improve my GRE scores enough to be worth an offer. It occurs it me however that the year might be better spent in my field rather than taking an engineering job or moving for a Physics job I don't intend to keep. What do you think?