Study the convolution in more details

In summary, the conversation is about studying convolution in more detail and finding resources for learning about its properties and functions. The conversation includes links to articles and books that can provide a good understanding of convolution, and the speaker also mentions needing help with a specific equation involving convolution.
T.Engineer
I want to study the convolution in more details. So if you can provide me by any link to find a brief study for the convolution.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Well, this looks like an extensive article, with just enough to get you started and enough left to be proven to make for some nice exercises :smile:

I knew about "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convolution"
but I meant that if you know any links that can provid free e-books that study the convolution and its properties.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot WolfOfTheSteps !
I will try to download them and I will read them carefully.
And if I will have any questions, I hope to help me.
Thank you!
Best regards!

you can study from Oppenheim...and if you want to understand, actualy what the convolution is, than give me a reply i can explain it very well.

Actually I am going to find the Convolution function for the following equation
Hn(t)= (-1)^n * e^(t^2)* d^n/dt^n * e^(-t^2)

So, I don't know how you can help to find a solution for the above equation.
Thanks alot.

1. What is convolution and why is it important?

Convolution is a mathematical operation that combines two functions to create a third function. It is important in many fields of science, including signal processing, image processing, and physics, as it allows us to analyze and manipulate data in a meaningful way.

2. How does convolution work?

Convolution works by multiplying two functions and then integrating the results over a range of values. This process creates a new function that describes how the two original functions interact with each other.

3. What are some real-world applications of convolution?

Convolution has a wide range of applications, including audio and video processing, image recognition, and pattern recognition. It is also used in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics for analyzing data and solving problems.

4. What are the limitations of convolution?

One limitation of convolution is that it assumes that the two functions being convolved are continuous and infinite. In reality, many real-world functions are discontinuous or have a limited range of values, which can affect the accuracy of the convolution result.

5. How can I learn more about convolution?

There are many resources available for learning about convolution, including textbooks, online tutorials, and courses. It is also helpful to have a good understanding of basic calculus and linear algebra concepts before studying convolution in more detail.