Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Study topological field theories

1. Sep 8, 2007 #1
    I have just started to study topological field theories but my problem is that I do not find of books really specialized in the subject, can somebody inform me what I must do?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2007 #2
    Doesn't Witten have some lectures on TQFT?
  4. Sep 9, 2007 #3
    I studied it when the topic first appeared. I used a textobook by Michel Aityah and a few reports (which I seriously doubt would be available online).

Also the book "Differenteial topology and quantum field theory dedicates it´s last chapter to thtat subject and it is very readable (I recomend the whole book instead).

It would be interesting, for further recomendations, if you would say if your main interest in the subject is from the mathemathical or teh phyisical viewpoint.
  5. Sep 9, 2007 #4
    hello and thank you for your assistance
    quite sour that I have all the articles of Witten but they are rather innaccessibles for a beginner (in any case for me they are!)
    the book of which you speak is surely that of nash, I have started to read it, but it is necessary to look at other references progressively. my interest is initially mathematical, and once this side maitrized I would see physical side!
    than, is the sequence of courses in this book the best for me? or are there any other source in the net?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?