Stupidity is written on the face but genius is not

Pythagorean
Gold Member
eigenfaces

eigenfaces
I've only heard of eigenfaces in use for facial recognition, not composite images, but I suppose eigenfaces are easier to overlay than actual faces, so maybe that's how they do it. Nonetheless, does anyone reading this have the appropriate software for rendering such an image?

In my opinion, it's probably best to use people within the past century or so to see how they align or detract from average people, today. I don't doubt for a minute that men and women are more attractive on average now than 250 years ago.

There might be something to this. Last weekend I figured out a genius way I could sneak out of doing the chores, dump the load on my wife and have her thank me to boot. You should have seen my face then. I looked wiser than a treeful of owls. But in the end she put the whole load back in my lap along with her chores and I had to take her out to dinner too. My face looked like a kid that flunked out of kindergarten on the first day with a 1.0 gpa and a demerit for poor napping skills.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
The eigenface gives a way to describe faces as a superposition of facial elements, so you could plausibly compare behavioral traits to eigenface statistics and see if there's a correlation.

We've already been through physiognomy and phrenology though.

turbo
Gold Member
Lyle Lovett is a musical genius, and perhaps the best singer-songwriter to ever come out of Texas, IMO. His face is asymmetrical and his features are not arranged in such a way as to make people think "genius", but he his, in his field. There are all kinds of "pretty boys" in country western music, and I can't think of any that match his talent.

turbo
Gold Member
I must say that why am not a big fan of Tim McGraw's music, he's going to get some big kudos from me and others. During his upcoming "Brothers of the Sun" tour, he is going to give away a free house to poor or wounded veterans on each of the 25 stops of his tour. This a big deal to people who have served and need a hand up.

frostymonster
i wouldnt take the movie too seriously.

Good movie though