Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Succeeding from no background in math?

1. Jun 14, 2013 #1
    I need a bit of inspiration for those moments where I'm doubting myself. Before this past summer I had no real good experiences with math, and wasn't very good at it, I practiced enough to get me into a beginning algebra course, though I could have gotten higher if I weren't so nervous on the entrance test. Im in the process of trying to improve my job prospects and want to be an elctronic engineer. This I have been told requires a ton of math. I was just wondering if there were any success stories out there to keep me going when I feel like I'm never going to make it? I'm currently 32 if that matters.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2013 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey Tyrion101.

In high school I couldn't do the proper probability questions (combinatorics combinations permutations etc) and I didn't understand anything about what was going on in anything but the simplest probability.

I'm doing Masters coursework in Statistics.

4. Jun 15, 2013 #3
    If you work at it you can do it =) Getting a good intuition in math takes time!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook