Math ideas for NCCTM Math Fair Contest?

In summary, the NCCTM Math Fair Contest aims to promote interest and engagement in mathematics among students in North Carolina. It is open to all students from grades K-12, who can participate individually or in a group. Some examples of math ideas that can be presented include games, puzzles, real-world applications, and hands-on activities. Projects are evaluated based on originality, mathematical content, presentation, and overall creativity, with consideration for the theme and grade level. Prizes may include cash awards, gift cards, and certificates, with all participants receiving a certificate of participation.
TheHiddenLibrarian
I've been debating against myself whether to use my Chaos Project Design to enter the contest but I don't have enough time to complete it at the moment and could leave some clueless as this is a High School level Math Fair. Does anyone know any other Ideas for me? I'm rather out of ideas and want to use this specific project for a College Math Fair next year so, I really want to figure out a new topic right away.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
At which level?

1. What is the purpose of the NCCTM Math Fair Contest?

The purpose of the NCCTM Math Fair Contest is to promote interest and engagement in mathematics among students by providing a platform for them to showcase their math ideas in a creative and interactive way.

2. Who can participate in the NCCTM Math Fair Contest?

The NCCTM Math Fair Contest is open to all students in North Carolina from grades K-12. Students can participate individually or in a group.

3. What are some examples of math ideas that can be presented at the NCCTM Math Fair Contest?

Some examples of math ideas that can be presented at the NCCTM Math Fair Contest include math games, puzzles, real-world applications of math, and hands-on activities that demonstrate mathematical concepts.

4. How are projects evaluated in the NCCTM Math Fair Contest?

Projects are evaluated based on originality, mathematical content, presentation, and overall creativity. Judges will also consider how well the project aligns with the theme of the contest and the grade level of the participants.

5. Can students receive prizes for participating in the NCCTM Math Fair Contest?

Yes, students can receive prizes for participating in the NCCTM Math Fair Contest. Prizes may include cash awards, gift cards, and certificates of recognition. In addition, all participants will receive a certificate of participation.