1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Suggestions about beginning with Rocket Science

1. May 3, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone. I want to be interest in rockets. How I begin? Which books are I have to read? I'm also interesting with aircraft. Especially unmanned aircrafts. I have a little bit aerodynamic infrastructure. I'm waiting your answers. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

4. May 3, 2016 #3
    I'm studying mechanical engineering but My interest in area is space and aviation. I love dealing with space and astronomy and I want to work these areas. It's not hobby. I want to specialize in these areas.

5. May 3, 2016 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

So you are in university now? Does the university have an Aeronautical Engineering program?

6. May 3, 2016 #5
    No. As ı said I am studying mechanical engineering. Unfortunately It hasn't. I am related with these areas. I am studying "Aircraft Design" book, (author: Daniel P. Raymer) and I want to specialize about rockets.

7. May 3, 2016 #6

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The good news is that aerospace engineering is really just a subset of mechanical engineering, so you are in the right track. Your university almost certainly has a course for compressible flow, so make sure you take that, as it will explain a lot about the fluid dynamics involved with rockets. If they have any other electives like combustion or propulsion, just take those. As long as you can take a few suitable electives, aerospace companies will need just as many mechanical engineers as they do aerospace engineers. Alternatively, you could go to graduate school elsewhere for aerospace engineering.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted