SULI DoE Fall 2018 Acceptance Thread

Main Question or Discussion Point

This thread is for the SULI internship for Fall 2018. The application deadline was May 30th and offers are given until around August 7th.

Has anyone had any luck getting accepted to a lab? What labs did you apply to? When did you apply and how long did it take to receive an offer?

Answers and Replies

I applied for SULI this fall semester with LANL as my first choice and PNNL as my second. I have yet to here back from either. Have you had any luck with responses?

I applied for SULI this fall semester with LANL as my first choice and PNNL as my second. I have yet to here back from either. Have you had any luck with responses?
Yes, my first choice was Berkeley Lab and my second choice was Argonne. A couple of weeks ago I received two offers from Berkeley and accepted, I'm very excited! However, I didn't research the cost of living before applying.....turns out Berkeley is a very expensive place to live and there's no on-site housing that's provided :eek:, so I am currently struggling to find an affordable apartment.

Good luck, hope you hear back with an offer!