Supplementary Texts for General Physics: Fundamentals of Physics Extended 6th Ed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Twiddles
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Twiddles
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I've been reading up on my first year textbooks(General Physics) and found some mixed reviews; we're using The Fundamentals of Physics[Extended], International 6th ed, Halliday/Resnick/Walker + Problem Supplement.

I was wondering if there are any supplementary texts worth picking up which will give me a better overview of modern physics and EM.

Thanks in advance :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I think Fundamentals of Physics (7th edition extended, atleast) is a pretty good textbook for getting intimate with the little details associated with everything.

However, if you want to get a hold of the big picture before delving into the details, look into some sort of outline, concise and to-the-point-but-not-fully-descriptive, such as Schaum's Outline of College Physics.

Depends on what you mean by an overview of modern physics and EM. ;)