Which Edition of Halliday Resnick Walker is Best for Self-Studying Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
anti quark
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I need textbook recommendations for self studying physics. I thought of buying the classic Halliday Resnick Walker Fundamentals of Physics, but was confused about which edition I need to buy.

I plan to teach myself the whole of basic physics, thus forming a base to further study certain topics in modern physics such as general relativity, advanced quantum mechanics and cosmology

I am currently studying in high school ( studying stuff like motion in 1 and 2 dimensions, thermodynamics, etc.. mainly mechanics and properties of matter.) Next year I have stuff like Electromagnetism and optics etc..

Thanks in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps start with Kline's calculus book, you'll need to beef up your math knowledge to be able to use the best books. Then you should hit the heavies like K&K.
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys, I am currently learning calculus with thomas'