Support for Turbo's ankle injury recovery

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
125 replies · 16K views


Drakkith said:
I also do parlor tricks for birthday parties.

OK... now take away his gold membership.

:wink:
 
Biology news on Phys.org


nismaratwork said:
OK... now take away his gold membership.

:wink:

And upgrade to platinum!
 


Drakkith said:
And upgrade to platinum!

Hey, this is PF, I think you want to at least get into the actinides...
 


nismaratwork said:
Hey, this is PF, I think you want to at least get into the actinides...

Nah, I like to live a full life, not a half life.
 


micromass said:
Get better soon turbo! But I'm sure you'll be fixed in no time...
I need Michael Jackson's hyperbaric chamber.
 


Get better soon Turbo. Watch out for the empties on your crutches.
 


turbo-1 said:
I need Michael Jackson's hyperbaric chamber.

If you wake up one day, get out, touch your crotch, do a moonwalk, and then write, compose, and sell a multi-platinum album, can I have your autograph?
 


Drakkith said:
If you wake up one day, get out, touch your crotch, do a moonwalk, and then write, compose, and sell a multi-platinum album, can I have your autograph?
No, but you have my permission to put a bullet in my head. :biggrin:
 


turbo-1 said:
No, but you have my permission to put a bullet in my head. :biggrin:
Have patience Turbo, Vinny and the boys will be there soon.
 


TheStatutoryApe said:
Get better soon Turbo. Watch out for the empties on your crutches.
I mostly have to watch out for Duke. He is a big rambunctious boy, and needs to be close to me all the time. If I am re-injured he should be a prime suspect.
 


turbo-1 said:
I'll try to not tipple too heavily, lest I re-injure it.

I'm drinking a cold one right now, for you Turbo.


And this one's for me.




And this is for my dog, Eddie.




And ths ons for the seagul tha jus fluw overhead ...
 


Chi Meson said:
I'm drinking a cold one right now, for you Turbo.


And this one's for me.




And this is for my dog, Eddie.




And ths ons for the seagul tha jus fluw overhead ...
Have an extra for me! I need it.
 


Jimmy Snyder said:
Have patience Turbo, Vinny and the boys will be there soon.
Yay! Do they like pasta with marinara sauce?
 


turbo-1 said:
Yay! Do they like pasta with marinara sauce?

Oooh, what's this? A funny guy! Hey Vinny, this guy here's a real freakin' comedian eh? Che Cosa eh, you clowny mother you...


That little drama ends badly, and with Joe Pesci eventually stabbing you with a pen.
 


turbo-1 said:
Yay! Do they like pasta with marinara sauce?
They would kill for it.
 


turbo-1 said:
That's what I thought.

Better hope it's the day of someone's daughter's wedding...
 


FYI Turbo, if you have a newer phone that has a touch screen and does all that fancy stuff, you can reach PF from your phone. I do it all the time. Great way to pass the time while on the throne.
 


Drakkith said:
FYI Turbo, if you have a newer phone that has a touch screen and does all that fancy stuff, you can reach PF from your phone. I do it all the time. Great way to pass the time while on the throne.

Oh I so hope that you're royalty... :biggrin:
 


nismaratwork said:
Oh I so hope that you're royalty... :biggrin:

I am for about 30 minutes a day. :wink:
 


Drakkith said:
I am for about 30 minutes a day. :wink:

And just like that, I die a little inside. :smile:
 


nismaratwork said:
And just like that, I die a little inside. :smile:

Medic! Get this man a recliner and a beer STAT!
 


turbo-1 said:
I need PF, so live long and prosper.

I hate television, and radio and my CD collection don't cut it when I'm confined. I need to go walk with my dog and explore a bit outside, and mix things up musically. I need to have music all the time in the background. It would be fun to add that to a web-site, but the lawyers would be stacked up 12-deep in the first few minutes.
Figured it would be better to put here than in Greg's Birthday thread.

You can always check out new music on youtube. Here's a band I was only recently introduced to that you may like, I blend of hard rock with some bluesy sounds. Not sure if it is really up to your more experienced and refined tastes.


There is a whole playlist of their music on youtube and you can find plenty of other artists there like that and just play it in the background.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Thanks, Francis and SA. That song by Clutch is a little over-the-top distortion-wise for my tastes, but I go like bluesy rock for the most part.
 


Turbo, have you tried Pandora as a source of music?

Here's to hoping the ankle gets better...
 


jhae2.718 said:
Turbo, have you tried Pandora as a source of music?

Here's to hoping the ankle gets better...
Thanks, Jhae. I've not used Pandora, but there are a few others I've tried. Right now, I'm listening to WKIT - the rock station owned by author Stephen King. They have an on-line presence, too. I prefer my CD carousel set to "random" for music, but this way I get some local weather and news too. Bored!

I want to take my dog for a walk on this nice spring day.
 


turbo-1 said:
Thanks, Jhae. I've not used Pandora, but there are a few others I've tried. Right now, I'm listening to WKIT - the rock station owned by author Stephen King. They have an on-line presence, too. I prefer my CD carousel set to "random" for music, but this way I get some local weather and news too. Bored!

I want to take my dog for a walk on this nice spring day.

I thought we already talked about using a 3 liter bot-

OH... Duke! Yes of course... heh... how silly of me! :wink: