Support for Turbo's ankle injury recovery

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
125 replies · 16K views


Ouabache said:
Here is one design that incorporate these concepts. The Man's Bathroom. :smile:
Turbo, I wish you a quick recovery! It won't be long before that smoker & grill will be calling for you.
Thanks! My freight-train-like grill/smoker is already calling me. I would be arranging my back deck now (coming snow be damned) but I need to be able to walk without crutches to make that work. I have all kinds of plans for my vegetable garden and my wife's flower gardens and upcoming herb garden. Hopefully, by the time I need to be back in action, I'll be at 100%.

BTW, I spent too much time on my feet today (minutes only) preparing bread dough for my wife to bake off when she got home from work. Extra-achy tonight, but I'll take it easy for the next few days.
 
Biology news on Phys.org


Seems like very mild edema in the uninjured foot (the toes specifically), and mild venous insufficiency, so it may take longer than normal for the sprain to lose swelling.

I'd really ice-heat-ice-heat-ice... etc... that sucker, elevate, and go for that ointment formulation I mentioned.
 


hypatia said:
damn, it still looks ..OUCH!
It still *is* OUCH, Hy. I have to work my way through this. Spring-time is busy here. I need to prune all my fruit-trees before they leave dormancy, thin the raspberry patch and give canes to friends to establish their own patches, till the garden-spot, make raised beds/rows, and get all my seedlings established in my mini-greenhouse. I'm glad the injury didn't happen today, as opposed to two weeks ago.
 


turbo-1 said:
It still *is* OUCH, Hy. I have to work my way through this. Spring-time is busy here. I need to prune all my fruit-trees before they leave dormancy, thin the raspberry patch and give canes to friends to establish their own patches, till the garden-spot, make raised beds/rows, and get all my seedlings established in my mini-greenhouse. I'm glad the injury didn't happen today, as opposed to two weeks ago.

It's improving, and I'd be shocked if it's not "walking safe" in about 3 or so weeks, 2 if you're you. :-p

It's going to be sore and delicate, but above all: do not force this... better to lose some berries than aggrevate this and lose a season.

@Hypatia: Yeah, it really does look painful, but mostly that's just from Duke chewing on it when Turbo is asleep. :biggrin:
 


I'd add, the spread of schistocytes up the leg bodes well for circulation in that limb, which should speed healing even in the presence of some pre-existing issues.