1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Switching inertial reference frames equations

1. Jan 9, 2013 #1
    What is an inertial reference frame?How are positions,velocities and accelerations changed when switching between different inertial reference frames?

r=rx i + ry j + rz k

Inertial reference frame:It is a frame of reference where newton's laws of motion is valid.No fictitious forces.
    the equations part i have no idea what it means..and i have no idea how to answer it.

This is my first time posting so sorry if i missed something.Thank you :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2013 #2

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Inertial frames are neither accelerating nor rotating. I don't know whether that's the definition or the version you gave, but it should help you figure out how to change between such frames. What are the possibilities for the relative motion between two such frames?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook