Kurdt said:
I was blasting down a hill on my BMX and misjudged the braking distance and emerged into the road from behind some parked cars. Both were totally my fault.
Well, I don't count mistakes as a 4 year old. You're not supposed to know any better at that age. By 7, that might have been an indicator of trouble in your future.
Then again, I used to rollerskate down the BIG hill by my house when I didn't know how to brake properly. If we started to go too fast, we'd roll into someone's lawn...I don't mean roll on rollerskates, I mean body roll. But that's only because my mom forbid us to skateboard in the street anymore after one too many skinned knees and/or elbows (knee and elbow pads were UNHEARD OF back then

).
In spite of my childhood mishaps, I've never required a visit to an emergency room. I'm reasonably cautious nowadays, but I attribute most of my good fortune simply to bouncing well.

This summer, during the last experiment I was running with sheep, one of them finally managed to topple me while I was trying to get her to the scales...the fat beast must not have wanted anyone weighing her.

I was knocked face forward toward a concrete floor. I think most people either would have wound up with a scraped up face from hitting the floor, or a broken arm from bracing their fall with their arms in front of them. This was certainly not a forgiving surface to land on. Somehow, I managed to do a push-up as I landed with my arms outstretched in front of me. I don't know how, but it was just enough to keep my chin and nose off the floor and my arms flexed enough not to break. Otherwise, Evo and I would have had the same fractures from the way I nearly landed.
