Technology Comedy: Stick your finger in your ear and say hello

In summary, the conversation discusses various technological advancements and innovations, such as the Finger Whisper phone and the concept of a wearable PC. The speakers also mention the potential benefits and drawbacks of these technologies, including the ability to access the internet anywhere and the potential for clothing to call for help in an emergency. They also humorously suggest a potential accessory for the wearable PC.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Truth is stranger than fiction!
When I pictured the streets of New York, with tens of thousands of people walking around with their finger stuck in their ear...

You just can't make up stuff this good! In five years it will seem natural to stick your finger in your ear to answer the telephone.

According to reports the Finger Whisper phone is answered by touching forefinger to thumb and then by putting the forefinger in the ear to hear who is ringing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3246433.stm

Computer science news on Phys.org
Best hope the phone doesn’t ring while you're scratching a ‘delicate’ itch…

Last edited by a moderator:
nanoo, nanoo

Gotta love technology. I suppose a wristwatch digital video phone is less that a decade away. The really cool technology I'm intested in is the "wearable PC". They've already created a rudimentary one, that projects an image in front of the eye via "glasses" and holographic technology. The only problem was the capacity. I'm sure that's a small hurdle.

Imagine a wearable Pc coupled with wireless technology. Instant access to the internet anywhere, anytime without so much as lifting a finger- the wearable. PC is operated via voice commands. Star Trek fans will be in awe. the technology is here today.

One thing coming [allegedly] is clothing that can tell if you are in distress; and then calls 911 and gives your GPS coordinates.

I’d like to market an accessory for those glasses; curb-feelers, to warn users when they are about to bump into someone or something.

What is technology comedy?

Technology comedy is a genre of comedy that uses technology as a central theme or source of humor.

What is the concept behind "Stick your finger in your ear and say hello"?

The concept behind "Stick your finger in your ear and say hello" is a play on the use of technology and how it affects human communication. By using a common action, like sticking a finger in one's ear, and incorporating technology, the joke highlights the absurdity of relying on technology for communication.

Why do people find technology comedy funny?

People find technology comedy funny because it often pokes fun at the reliance on technology and the ways in which it can complicate our lives. It also highlights the ever-evolving nature of technology and how it can sometimes lead to unexpected and humorous situations.

What are some popular examples of technology comedy?

Some popular examples of technology comedy include TV shows such as "Silicon Valley" and "The IT Crowd", stand-up performances by comedians like Hasan Minhaj and Ali Wong, and popular internet memes and videos that mock technology and its users.

How does technology comedy impact our perception of technology?

Technology comedy can often make us reflect on our own relationship with technology and how it affects our daily lives. It can also help us see the humorous side of technology and not take it too seriously. However, it is important to remember that technology can also have serious and beneficial impacts, and not all aspects of it should be made into jokes.