1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Textbook/resource request for first year linear algebra

1. Sep 11, 2013 #1
    Hello PF,

I am currently taking linear algebra (MATH 110) at Queen's University and I am finding it very difficult to grasp simple concepts presented in the course. Although the semester has just begun, I'm concerned that I may be lacking certain prerequisites needed to succeed in linear algebra.

To note: I have no knowledge of formal mathematical proofs, little/no knowledge of vectors, and did not encounter matrices and complex numbers in previous math courses. The high school I went to placed little emphasis on the aforementioned topics, and thus I fear that I am at a disadvantage compared to other students in the class. The textbook we were assigned is called Linear Algebra: A Modern Introduction by Poole, and I am looking for more resources, textbooks, and lectures pertaining to linear algebra in order to aid my understanding of the material.

Also, if you have any general advice for a first year undergraduate, I'd be more than willing to hear it :^)

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted