Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

That woman who found tissue in T-rex bone

1. May 29, 2007 #1
    I was listening to talk radio and the guest was the guy who started the Genesis Museum (creationism "science" museum). Anyway, he used as evidence the tissue found in T-rex bones. I know the story is legitimate; I remember reading about it in a magazine a while back ago. But I completely forgot the name of the woman who found it and all the details surrounding the story, so I have no idea of what new developments have come up.

Is there an explanation of how tissue has survived that long yet?

(did Jesus do it? :biggrin:)

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2007 #2

jim mcnamara

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Mary Schweitzer, North Carolina State University. She dissolved away some mineralized bone issue and found what appears to be blood vessels, with possible red blood cells.

And, to my knowledge, it was NOT living tissue.

4. May 29, 2007 #3
    :redface: oops. I guess "living" was the wrong word to put in there— or else those would be some miraculous cells indeed! :surprised ... how do I change the title of a thread? ... O well, at least it got your attention, eh.

5. May 29, 2007 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Title is fixed. :smile:

6. May 29, 2007 #5
    yay! now my embarrassing mistake is forever erased! thanks both.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?