• Perry

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Paul

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Huntsman

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is he denigrating reptiles so? They're spam. Sliced, processed alien meat.
Now you're insulting Spam.

...also, you misinterpreted the poll results: since there were a lot of republicans to choose from, their vote got split.
How do you figure the vote got split when you can choose as many as you want?

Evo
Mentor
Should I update the poll to those that are actually running?

Should I update the poll to those that are actually running?
You might want to add Santorum while you're at it.

Evo
Mentor
You might want to add Santorum while you're at it.
That was my thought.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Replace Bachmann with Santorum.

Get ready to drop Perry.

Delete Gore and H Clinton.

Evo
Mentor
The latest NH poll shows Huntsman at 13%, so I threw him in.

We can't vote again? So this is messed up. How about clearing the votes and let everyone vote again.

Evo
Mentor
We can't vote again? So this is messed up. How about clearing the votes and let everyone vote again.
That wouldn't allow you to vote again, it will still register that you've voted. The only changes are the addition of Santorm and Huntsman, so unless you want to change your vote to them, it doesn't matter.

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
let me be less precise russ, i find it interesting that > 0 votes were cast for palin and bachmann on a scientific site.

Last edited:
let me be less precise russ, i find it surprising that > 0 votes were cast for palin and bachmann on a scientific site.
I don't see either as being choices :confused:

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
yes, they seem to have been removed. shouldn't we have write ins?

tooth
Huntsman doesnt get enough credit for his experience.

That wouldn't allow you to vote again, it will still register that you've voted. The only changes are the addition of Santorm and Huntsman, so unless you want to change your vote to them, it doesn't matter.
That's what I mean, no one who already voted can add a vote for either of them so what good is adding their names. While I wouldn't give Santorum a job at Mickey D's, I wouldn't be heading for the hills if it was Huntsman. I would probably give him a vote.

Evo
Mentor
That's what I mean, no one who already voted can add a vote for either of them so what good is adding their names. While I wouldn't give Santorum a job at Mickey D's, I wouldn't be heading for the hills if it was Huntsman. I would probably give him a vote.
It won't let me reset it, so why not start a new thread Poll 2?

russ_watters
Mentor
How do you figure the vote got split when you can choose as many as you want?
Because there were multiple Republicans to choose from, not everyone who chose republican chose all republicans. That doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't prefer one republican they didn't choose over Obama who they also didn't choose.

russ_watters
Mentor
Er....so now the poll says I voted for Paul, which I certainly did not.

Evo
Mentor
It says I voted for Romney. The vote count is correct because I moved the count to match the candidate, but as you move names, the poll still shows the original *position* the person you voted for was in. The poll software is sucky.

Santorum still at zero, lol. Would I be out of line wishing one of his kids had a terminal illness that only the stem cell therapy he is against could cure?

edit: On second thought I'm sure there are some people who will be outraged by that statement. So I will rebut the outrage right now. Who better to need it if not the child of someone who is against it? My kid when I am for stem cell research?

Last edited:
I see Paul is getting some votes. I like his so-called isolationist and anti-war views. If you've read Sun Tzu it's not hard to see what China is doing and will do to us. You can bet that most of the idiots who either run or want to run this country haven't read it. And if there are people who have read it you can bet they aren't republican hawks.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It says I voted for Romney. The vote count is correct because I moved the count to match the candidate, but as you move names, the poll still shows the original *position* the person you voted for was in. The poll software is sucky.
Hey I don't want to hear it...it says I voted for Santorum!!!! :yuck::cry:

PS I absolutely did not!