1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The best learning materials for math on the internet

1. Jan 23, 2014 #1
    What are they?

I am in pursuit of learning pretty well all of precalculus (algebra, trig, everything!), what are the best learning resources out there?

I am studying at home by myself.

Thank you, this advice could be life changing.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2014 #2
  4. Jan 24, 2014 #3

IGU

What the top math kids in high school use nowadays is Art of Problem Solving. They have on-line classes and they have books. You can use the books alone and do pretty well, or you can use the classes with the books. Not really cheap, but also not expensive. Right now their stuff goes up through basic calculus. And they have excellent material that functions as an introduction to number theory and counting and probability.

If you're good at math and willing to work hard, their stuff is very good. It will certainly prepare you for college level mathematics.

You might also take a look at saylor.org to see what you think.

5. Jan 25, 2014 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

If you missed it, we do have a Math and Science Learning Materials forum. Please check it out.

Zz.

6. Jan 25, 2014 #5

462chevelle

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook